Thursday, November 12, 2009

a day in stockholm…

Yesterday i was at a workshop in Stockholm and had a wonderful day, had the pleasure to share a cab with old colleagues and friends from Sony Ericsson to the airport.

It was most enjoyable day, got the work done and caught up with the likes of Sophie-Kim, Mats, Magnus, Lisa, Camilla, Frederik, Anna, Cecilia ….. and of course if forgot a few.

going to Stockholm was like looking forward to seeing back the girl you fell in love with in your first grade. Full of excitement and anticipation you were picturing everything through the eyes of youngster whose hormones are troubling his view.

But once you are there you feel after 5 minutes like you are on a date with your ex-wife. Fun the first 30 minutes, but immediately you start to know why you got divorced.

I love Stockholm, i really do and I'm still in my heart a digital marketer. When doing the workshop i felt the vibes coming and really felt the excitement. I really want to thanks Mats for this opportunity and it was good to talk with people about what we should be doing and the path along which we need to go there. But i left with the knowledge that my frustration when i left the pure digital play are still there :-).

but going back to the journey home. After very nice conversation in the taxi we got to Bromma airport where i came to the conclusion my booking was not for 11th of November but for 11th of December. So an extra night in Stockholm in a very small hotel close to the airport are my reward for going back to me roots :-)

Happy travels

 

Toon

No comments: